This course is approved for the 2020 performance measures.
Learners will gain a depth of knowledge across a range of subjects and specialist skills that will provide them with a good foundation for work or further study in this sector.
Learners work across two units in this course:
Unit 1 – The Hospitality and Catering Industry
Unit 2 – Hospitality and Catering in Action
Here’s a sneak peak inside the course!
- Assessment: one internal assessment, one external assessment
- Guided learning hours: 120 + 90 minute external assessment
- Qualification number: 601/7703/2
- An easy-to-use online learning platform that houses everything you need to deliver the course in one place
- Teaching and learning materials that are mapped directly to the specification, covering the entire course, and providing a framework for delivery
- Full coverage of course content broken down into ‘sessions’ to help with planning
- Starter activities, group activities, plenaries, homework tasks
- Mini assessments for learning in the form of online quizzes
- Practice assessments
You can read more about this course in the qualification specification here.
The teaching content of this resource is endorsed by WJEC Eduqas to support the level 1 / 2 vocational award in Hospitality and Catering (specification A) (601/7703/2)
This resource has been reviewed against WJEC’s endorsement criteria. As this resource belongs to a third party, there may be occasions where a specification may be updated and that update will not be reflected in the third party resource. Users should always refer to WJEC’s specification and Sample Assessment Materials to ensure that students are studying the most up to date course. It is recommended that teachers use a range of resources to fully prepare their students for the exam and not rely solely on one textbook or digital resource.
Any references to assessment and/or assessment preparation are the publisher’s interpretation of the specification requirements and are not endorsed by WJEC.
WJEC, nor anyone employed by WJEC has been paid for the production of this resource, nor does WJEC receive any royalties from its sale.